VILLAGE VOICE MEDIA INVESTIGATION BY TERRY GREENE STERLING TIES “CENTRIST” THINK TANKS AND GROUPS TO WHITE NATIONALISTS, REVEALS MISLEADING REPORTS ARE USED TO ASSAULT 14TH AMENDMENT, AND SCARE THE HELL OUT OF PENNY PINCHED AMERICANS.
Among the findings:
1. The “cost of illegal immigration” by Federation for American Immigration Reform include cost of educating American citizen children with one or more parents who are unauthorized immigrants. Economists consider education an investment, because it pays off after the child becomes an adult and begins working, paying taxes, and consuming goods. But the economic counterbalance is missing in the FAIR report, making the cost staggering.
2. 14th Amendment “birthright citizenship” “anchor baby” movement tied to White Nationalists.
3. FAIR and sister organizations drive immigration debate but are tied to White Nationalists.
4. Unauthorized immigrants are not an undue burden on the economy, most economists say.
5. A special section on White Nationalist books.
6. Ties of White Nationalists to Arizona’s immigration law hardliners.